On October 2nd 2015, an agreement for two Double Master's programs between the University of Stuttgart and the Technical University of Cartagena was signed: one of them focused on Energy Engineering and the other one on Mechanical Engineering / Materials and Production Engineering.
The double master is designed to avoid any possible overlapping. The constant exchange between both universities is the first priority, whereby the necessary standards in teaching can be guaranteed.
After finishing the studies, the students will receive two master's degrees.
Course of studies
First and second semester
The outgoing students must complete all the credit points of the first and the second semester of the M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering / Materials and Production Engineering at the University of Stuttgart.
Third and fourth semester
Ab dem dritten Semester werden die folgenden Pflichtmodule bei einem Aufenthalt an der Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena absolviert.
- Management Module (3 ECTS)
- Industrial Internship (12 ECTS)
- Optional Module (15 ECTS)
- Research Training (18 ECTS)
- Master Thesis (12 ECTS)
After finishing the studies all the credit points, the students will receive the following degrees:
- M.Sc. Maschinenbau / Werkstoff- und Produktionstechnik, of the University of Stuttgart
- M.Sc. Industrial Engineering, of the Technical University of Cartagena
- Bachelor's degree and registration for M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering / Materials and Production Engineering
- English level B2
- Spanish level B1